Mattison 54” Rotary Grinder
- Built in the early 1970’s and used in Mattison’s grinding lab until Beloit Iron Works purchased the machine.
- Kinetic purchased the machine in auction and sent to Rockford, IL to be remanufactured and retrofitted
- Machine will grind to the center of 62"
- 24" height under new segments
- All motors have soft-start / brake drives
- Will hold a tolerance of .0005" flat and parallel across entire surface of magnetic chuck.
- Allis Chalmers manufactured spindle motor was Dyno tested at 150 H.P. This spindle motor is preferred to the newer geared-head spindles because there is much less heat generated, resulting in tighter tolerances throughout the day.