The Kinetic Co., Inc. is a Family owned and operated company for over 70 years; it is our employees that make the difference. Kinetic is a precision manufacturer of quality industrial knives and blades, selling to paper, steel, wood processing, food and other industries.
Kinetic is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who will be the supervisor in charge of plant department operations. As the 1st Shift Supervisor, you will have company wide support and work closely with dedicated team members, who will give their all to ensure that customer’s needs are being met. You will be responsible for department and building maintenance, department production, quality, and non-conformance review through direct contact with department leads, employees, and other supervisors.
What’s in the job:
- Executing production plan to meet customer delivery commitments.
- Oversee plant equipment, building and grounds maintenance tasks.
- Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing placement, and process/product modifications for manufacturing improvements.
- Setting clear employee expectations for performance, holding production employees accountable to work requirements and appraising performance.
- Identifying training needs of production employees.
- Providing coaching, mentoring and necessary resources for production employees to expand their job knowledge and skills.
- Conducts performance appraisals and discipline documentation, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Maintaining safe work conditions.
What does it take:
- 4-20 years of supervisory or machining experience.
- General knowledge of machine shop procedures, GD&T, grinding and heat treat is required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications, and routings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Please include a completed application when applying for this job.