The Kinetic Co., Inc.
OVERVIEW: The Kinetic Co., Inc. is looking for a Sr. Project Engineer focused on capital equipment, shop floor layout, fixture and tooling design, and program-scale engineering activities. Develop & execute project plans for growing company capacity, capability, efficiency, and quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Capital projects: Develop, propose, manage, and implement on-time/budget capital projects of varying size, complexity and duration (e.g. cranes, CNC mills/lathes, machine rebuilds, etc.).
- Facility projects: Develop, propose, manage, and implement on-time/budget facility projects of varying size, complexity, and duration (e.g. machine rearrangement/layout, maintenance projects, etc.).
- Design, layout, manufacturing, and implementation of fixtures and tooling using sound engineering principles and concepts.
- Develop and improve processes, methods, and use of equipment.
- Work with significant independence, plan and perform duties for major projects, advise management of ideas, proposals, project schedules, etc. on a regular basis.
- Manage all projects with a focus on return-on-investment, risk evaluation, opportunity cost, and total cost of ownership.
- Act as technology leader for the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Create drawings and models using 2D & 3D CAD as needed.
- Demonstrate the highest integrity both personally and professionally.
- Provide excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to handle multiple jobs, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment meeting timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and shift priorities as necessary.
- Knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Successful completion of 4-year college degree, or equivalent, with a major in Mechanical Engineering with 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, algorithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Previous experience with 2D and 3D CAD software and ERP software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Physical setting: Office
Work Location: In person