WE ARE ESSENTIAL AND SO ARE OUR EMPLOYEES!
Do you want to be a part of making the finest industrial knives and hardened wear products, working with highly trained employees, with the finest metal working equipment available, and with the best steels and tooling available? Come join our team at Kinetic, who has been in business over 70 years.
We are seeking an experienced CNC/NC Milling Machine Operator/Programmer for 1st Shift. In this role you will be responsible for full operation and programming of our Vertical Machining Centers. Machining tool steel is not as predictable as machining aluminum and if you are the type of machinist that can make programming changes “on the fly” this is the position for you.
What’s in the job:
- Set up and operate CNC machines or machining centers to perform various machine functions such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, turning, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic workpieces.
- First piece and in process inspections of parts produced.
- Work from operational data to define and code tooling, fixturing, and machine arrangements.
- Recommend tooling applications and operational sequences to assist in developing practical programming for new and unusual machining requirements.
What does it take:
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have extensive experience with programming on Fanuc and Mori Seiki controls.
- Previous experience with Master Cam software
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
This position has flexible scheduling!
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must regularly lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $34.13 per hour
Please include a completed application when applying for this job.