WE ARE ESSENTIAL AND SO ARE OUR EMPLOYEES!
Do you want to be a part of making the finest industrial knives and hardened wear products, working with highly trained employees, with the finest metal working equipment available, and with the best steels and tooling available? Come join our team at Kinetic where we offer all those and an air-conditioned world-class facility.
We are seeking experienced 2nd shift Surface Grinders. In this role you will be responsible for the set up and operation of Rotary/Blanchard Surface Grinding Machines.
What’s in the job:
- Set up, adjust and operate a surface grinder to achieve required finish to flat surfaces having several related dimensions.
- Set up using blocking, aligning, and securing of irregular shaped work pieces, use magnetic chuck and/or sine plate where applicable.
- Dress and change wheels for various finish requirements, radius, and/or angles.
- Assist in development and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
What does it take:
- HSD/GED; 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of grinding angles, four and six side grinding, and grinding parts square required.
- Knowledge on operation of Blanchard (rotary) style surface grinders.
- Experienced using and interpreting inspection tools (micrometer, caliper, depth micrometer, etc.).
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must regularly lift or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Shift Differential: $1.25
We offer a competitive benefit package including an excellent health insurance plan, a generous vacation policy, and a 401(K) plan with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $25.00 per hour
Please include a completed application when applying for this job.